Based on my experience of studying at one of the top business schools of Bangladesh and founding & managing JemonKhushi.com & SmallTownKid.net I am writing this post. Share this if you find this helpful.
1. Try to do something productive during your student life (apart from studying). Even if you fail it will give you a better outlook about how life works and will help to break down false prejudice.
2. You don’t need to have any technical skills to start your own business. You just need to be a moderate manager, motivated person and a quick learner.
3. If you are thinking that first you will work on an office to get a better understanding of the corporate world and then you will start your own business… well this might be a double edged sword. Remember that no idea is unique. If you WAIT someone else might capitalize on that IDEA that you thought only you had! Opportunities will not wait.
4. You don’t need a lot of money to get started. Really. You just need a good plan. Start from small… the rest will follow.
5. Some quick businesses that students can maintain (in Bangladesh): Tshirt Printing (you need to locate a small garment factory), Trading (you need to maintain a good relation with your neighborhood shops), Importing (a lot of websites are there who will let you import products in small quality), Event Management, In-sourcing technical work (you dont need technical skills, you just need friends who have technical know-how. You need to be a good manager)
6. Students of Bangladesh have the potential to become great only if they decide NOT to be lazy anymore.
Get Motivated! Get Started!