If you are planning to take on affiliate marketing you must know how to attract traffic to your blog. One great way to do that is to create niche or sniper blogs that target only 1-3 keywords. If done right these money making blogs rank high in google search (even first position) and drive enough traffic to your blog to keep you going. Through trial and error I have come up with a routine that helps me to build niche blogs very fast. Let me know if you have any tips or ideas to improve this routine.
Under The Hood
- Install WordPress on your server. You can use a subdomain or a top level domain.
- Install a lightweight theme. I always use thesis theme as it is one of the fastest and most seo friendly theme.
- Set permalinks to show just the post name on url. This helps to keep the urls clean.
- In thesis theme dashboard select two column layout and set the background color to black.
- Install & setup these plugins: Google XML Plugin – simple but powerful plugin to help you index your site. Contextual Related Posts plugin (for easy navigation). Jetpack for WordPress (for tracking). What Would Seth Godin Do. And a good SEO plugin if you already haven’t installed thesis theme.
Just so you know, I will set up all these options for you for free. Contact me to get all these for free.
Settings Things in Motion
- Write your first 300-400 word blog post centered around your main keyword. You should also have 2-3 secondary keywords spread throughout the blog post.
- Go to pingler.com and ping this blog post url with the main keyword as the title there. Go to http://marketingblogonline.com/autobacklinks/ and send 100 links to your blog post. Go to www.google.com/addurl/ and add the url of your blog post
- Wait 2-3 days and see where you rank on google search
- After that add another 300-500 word article and follow the previous steps
- Wait another day
- Add 1-3 more blog posts with the keyword and the secondary keywords and repeat the previous steps.
- Check where you rank on google. By this time, if you had done keyword research properly you should be on the first page, hopefully on top on the list.
- If not, take your main article and re-write in 3-4 times and submit the articles in articlebase, ezine article etc.
- Ping those articles
- Check where you stand in google rankings. If you are still not in top 1-3 position in the first page, contact me!
Did this method work for you? I would love to hear from you…
Please share this article. Sharing encourages me to write more.